Two Fruits

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I Needed to Climb a Mountain

Today:
Distance: 9.5 km
Time: 53' 53"
Rate: 5' 40" per km
Weather: cloudy, cool, temp 12 degrees, humidity 60%, wind NW at 15 kmph
Week: 44.45 km
April: 437.65 km in 23/30 days at ave 19.03 km per run day
Year: 1734.65 km in 4 months at 433.66 km ave per month

Most of my recent running has been over reasonably flat ground, by my standard anyway. But today I just needed to climb a mountain. I was lunching in Woden again so it had to be Mt Taylor. It's not far from the centre of town, direct using parts of 4 courses, it is only 4.75 km each way.
First part of BBQ stakes course through Chifley, second part using vet's handicap Oakey Hill course, third part using vet's handicap Mt Taylor course and last part, up the mountain track using part of the Tour de Mtn course in Dec.
The last time I ran to the top from Woden was in August last year and again I managed to run or a slow jog all the way. Total ascent is over 300 metres in the 4.75 km with a flat parts to start then it gets exciting. A good day out, well worth the effort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home