Two Fruits

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Majura Monthly Handicap

Today:
Total Distance: 11.9 km
Race: 9.9 km
Time: 42' 58"
Rate: 4' 19" per km
Finished: 48th
Weather: cloudy, mild, temp 15-17 degrees, humidity 50%, strong NW wind at 30 kmph
Week: 11.9 km
April: 405.1 km
Year: 1702.1 km

"Shattered," I wrote all week about passing Strewth in the last km, but just did not see her all run. How could I? She finished 12th. Great run, well done!! No prizes, and the handicapper will be looking very closely at the performance improvement.
For me, it was a good solid run. Felt good all the way, the wind played a part from 5km to 7 km. Handled the ups and downs well, always focusing on a target in front, to start, just the group that left 20 or so seconds before me. I did manage to catch CJ after 5 km, but failed to make any significant impact on the main bunch. When the full results come out, maybe the distance was just too short. Any real speed has gone for the moment, but the main game right now is Queensland in 3 weeks. Glasshouse 80 km on soft, sandy tracks and fire trails, a few technical parts and a few kms of horrible stuff. Challenging! Not to mention the 3:00 am start and it may get warm late morning. Just about to book the flights to Brisbane, leaving Saturday morning early, and return midday on Monday.
Depending on the weather, forecast for Monday is not good, I might have a rest day. But if work and the weather is kind at noon, then I may just be able to get out for a run, and importantly a trip to the river. No recovery session today as we had a visit for lunch from a brand new great neice, just 6 days old.

3 Comments:

  • Wouldn't have to cook much for one of such a tender age.

    By Blogger Friar, At April 27, 2008 at 4:36 PM  

  • Hmmm - how do I bribe the handicapper? I ran badly last time so they put me back a group. Can't I stay there for 3 runs?? Just 3 weeks til the Glasshouse - wow - such an early start. Do you eat brekkie 2 hours before? Eeek! Why go to bed at all!!

    By Blogger strewth, At April 27, 2008 at 7:22 PM  

  • Strewth was bragging about keeping you behind!

    I'm surprised they're letting you have the time off to race 80k seeing you're 50 bodies short at work.

    By Blogger Ewen, At April 28, 2008 at 3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home