Two Fruits

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Back to Basics

Today:
Distance: 6.95 km
Time: 41' 09"
Rate: 5' 55" per km
Weather: cloudy, temp 13 degrees, humidity 75%, wind calm
Week: 31.95 km
July: 233.45 km
Year: 2793.7 km

Time and enthusiasm are not always compatible with age and ability. I knew when I changed work hours recently that more usable time would take some management. Too much time has resulted in too many continuous running days. Must be better at arranging rest days.
After the Googong half marathon last weekend, I didn't push too hard by any means, I should have had Sunday as a complete rest. Instead, I did 14 kms easy, but it may have been too much. I have felt really flat since, and it has showed with a couple of very ordinary runs on Monday and today. Both nice days to get out, that being a problem in itself, making the most of good days during winter.
Today, I went back to basics, a short run, stood in the very, very cold water in the river at Pine Is, and took the rest of the day very easy. I even took the car to work instead of riding the bike. The river water is so cold, I could only handle 3 x 20 seconds in the water. Still did the trick, legs were so much better for the effort, but that water must have had ice in it upstream. Too cold for polar bears.
Gradual return during this week, hope to freshen up for a long run on Saturday, not sure on what, where or when.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home