Two Fruits

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

So Busy, Barely Time to Work

Today:
Distance: 7.8 km
Time: 42' 04"
Rate: 5' 23" per km
Weather: sunny, temp 16 degrees, humidity 30%, wind WNW 20 kmph
Week: 35.25 km
August: 345.05 km
Year: 3332.5 km

So much happening this week, some planned, some because things need to get done before going away on holidays, and some beyond my control.
I did get a chance to go for a short run, more an easy rest type day to get down to the cold water in the river.
Either, I have a high pain tolerance or the water is not as cold as it has been for winter. There is still plenty of snow melt in there, but maybe warmer by a degree or two. Still, 3 x 1 minute is all I could stand. But at least the sun was shining and the sand is not cold.
It had the right effect, the legs felt much better on the jog back to work. Not that there is any problem, but the coldness is almost addictive, some type of masochistic feeling. I have missed the water during winter, I know I need to resume a proper recovery program from now on. The ocean on the Gold Coast is going to be too warm after GH to be of any benefit.
Can't wait for Thursday's bike ride, last week's blog story generated plenty of interest at work. Good cross training day and plenty of fun. Unfortunately, no "Jane" this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home