Two Fruits

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

One Small Step

Today:
Bike Ride: 10 km
Running: 10 metres
No Time:
No Pace:
Weather: sunny, cool, temp 12 degrees, wind calm

I'm not going to include the 10 metres in my yearly log of kms. But is is a start. To get inspired to run, my entry pass to the back doors of my work building was in the bottom of my backpack. Too lazy to stop to get it out, I ran to catch another driver just in front and went in the door with him. That's enough for today.
The soreness in right ankle is slowly going, hopefully when I can jog and not finish last at the monthly handicap on Sunday. It hasn't happened yet, Sunday may be the first time.
The bike ride to work and home at lunch time seem to be helping the recovery, other than the ankle, I seem to be reasonably back to normal.
On my way back to work this afternoon, I will detour to Pine Is for 10 minutes in the cold water. The sun has returned after yesterday's rain, nice day today if a little cool.
Tomorrow will be a walk over the course in Stromlo for Sunday's handicap event. The track on the usual start beside Cotter Road is rough and we intend to run all events as an out and back from the finish line. Hopefully the tracks won't be eroded by recent rain or vehicles.

2 Comments:

  • Try a jog on the grass at Stromlo while you're there.

    Yes, best not to include the 10 metres - it would ruin your daily average!

    By Blogger Ewen, At September 23, 2008 at 8:04 PM  

  • Any step forward is a good step.

    I'm not making any steps at the moment but my foot (now diagnosed as PF) is getting better. Strapping has helped a lot. Just trying keep my fitness up. Brindabella is still on the cards.

    By Blogger softshoeshuffle, At September 24, 2008 at 3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home