Two Fruits

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

What's Next?

Today: Nil

No running for a while, time to have a break, recover and relax. That takes care of the rest of this week!
I get my mtn bike back tomorrow, left for a spring clean & service while I was away, so that will have to do for active recovery while the blisters heal and I regain some enthusiasm for running. A few warm days will soon have me back as well.
The problem with the blisters, apart from what happened to the Asian lady in France, is that they have made my walking out of balance, favouring one side of my right foot to compensate for the left foot.
I have therefore developed fluid on the outside of my right ankle, so that's painful as well. We will see what the doctor says tomorrow, Brindabella Classic is on in late Oct, should be right to run/walk by then.

I have had thoughts about how to get Coast to Kozi done and rearranged my plans for next year. C2K won't be this Dec, a long shot as it was. Current foot problems all but eliminate the chances this year with only 7-8 weeks to get recover and get ready. Next year now goes something like this, subject to change at any time.

Feb: Maroondah Dam in Vic again, 50 km, very hilly
Mar: Six Foot Track 45 km
May: Glasshouse Mtns 82 km ( if I can get someone else to go as well)
Aug: Australian 24 hr track champs at Caboolture Historical Village, 500 metre gravel track
Oct: Brindabella Classic 54 km
Dec: Coast to Kozi 245 km

There would be enough time between events to recover, I know what to expect at each event except the last one in Dec. That will be a challenge, although not as difficult as you would expect. Much more even surface to run than Glasshouse trails, certainly at such a slow pace or slower. I would still hope to be under 40 hours to go from sea level to the top of the highest mtn.

At least it's a plan!!

2 Comments:

  • Hi Two Fruits, I enjoyed reading your account of GH. It makes you want to jump up and start running. Congrats again on a superb run.

    I like your plan. Two of them are on my list and another two I am looking at. We can talk next time we catch up.

    I just have to get my heel right.

    By Blogger softshoeshuffle, At September 18, 2008 at 8:25 AM  

  • Only one is on my list - the 6' bush walk with some running included.

    Well done with the photo. Hope the blisters are cured soon - such great weather not to be out running!

    By Blogger Ewen, At September 20, 2008 at 10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home