Two Fruits

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

It's Been Hot.... So Wot!!

Today:
Distance: 10.25 km
Time: 51' 47"
Rate: 5' 04" per km
Weather: noon, sunny, temp 33 degrees, humidity 12%, WNW wind at 25 kmph
Week: 39.75 km
Jan & Year: 89.05 km

Having a split shift at work with 4 hours ( soon to be 5 hours) off in the middle of the day. This gives plenty, sometimes too much, time to run. That's great in spring, autumn and winter when it's the nicest part of the day.
However in hot January and February, it does create problems with how far and at what pace do I run. What should I do? Go to the gym? What do I do in there?
As I wrote yesterday the heat itself is not the problem, today was the same, hot with very little humidity. A bit of a breeze, nice. But, you can't just go out and try to run 20 kms in the middle of the day, and later try to stay awake at the wheel when the head is saying, where's my afternoon siesta.
Drink plenty, keep the run short. That's what I did today. In fact, the first part was just 7 kms stopping at Pine Is beach where Mrs TF and James met me with lunch. James & I had a couple of swims in the river before and after lunch, really nice in the water now, not real sure why it is still so brown.
Then another couple of kms before returning to work nice and relaxed, no need for the nanna nap today.
Another hot day on Wednesday so I might make it a rest day from running and ride the mtn bike home at lunch time for a bit of cross training, hopefully still get down to the river on my way back to work.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home