Two Fruits

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Snakes Alive

Today:Distance:  12.65 km
Time:  71' 10"
Rate:  5' 37" per km
Weather: sunny, temp 16 degrees, humidity 45%, wind NW  5kmph
Week:  32.05 km, Oct:  82.9 km,  Year:  1981.7 km

A nice warm day brings out the wildlife. Today I had to wait for a blue tongue lizard to move,  it didn't. I went around.
But I did see, just in time, the back half of an eastern brown snake near Point Hut. Good size, at least a metre long, heading towards the river searching for frogs or lizards, or just to get a drink.
The other nature park users certainly keep your interest along the river tracks. They are my favourite places to run, summer & winter.
Nothing else special to report. Start of the school holidays meant a few kids about enjoying a nice day.
Finished the run with 12 minutes in the river soothing some tired legs. Felt really good as I jogged back to work.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home