Two Fruits

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Post Centenary Trail

Running:  nil

Recovery: yes

Reason:  injured

What Happened:  overuse & hard surfaces

After Day 2 on the Centenary trail, I developed a soreness/tenderness/bruising on my lower left leg.
There was no trauma to have the injury, just overdoing it on a couple of long days. Running too many kms on bike paths has not helped, I will definitely stay off the hard surfaces from now on.
Really, I have shin splints in the same spot as I developed at Coburg 24 hour last year & after day 7 at my Birdsville track run.
So, I know what I have, the reasons, the cure & the time involved before I can be back on the trails.
Given proper time off, all should be Ok after a week. I am hoping to be able to jog the long course 8 kms on Sunday at the monthly handicap on the soft grass at Stromlo.
If not up to that, I have plenty of time with almost 4 months before I have a start date at the Dig Tree near Innaminka.
Given a slight injury to stop running, it's also a good chance to freshen up before a return to full on training in early March.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home