Two Fruits

Sunday, July 8, 2007

Great Wall of China

Today:
Distance: 12.75km
Time: 65' 40"
Rate: 5'09" per km
Weather: cool, part cloud/ sun, temp 9 degrees, humidity 65%, wind 25kmph from south

Week: 12.75km
July: 102.05km
Year: 2197.15km

Just before I ventured out to face the elements in a new pair of New Balance running shoes I bought a couple of weeks ago, my brother in Cairns rang to give me an update on his and Anita's Gold Coast marathon. Short version of his race was a calf injury and then the flu leading up to run day meant an average performance finishing around the 3hrs 45 mins mark where he had expected around 3hrs 15mins. That's running!

He did ask had I considered running the Great Wall of China marathon to be held in May next year and did I know much about it. Answers to both, no but it did push a few buttons and it has now got the brain and the typing fingers moving to find out more. All I know it was built by Emperor Nasi Goreng to keep the rabbits out. I know it will be "undulating" but if SFT is any guide then nothing is impossible. He mentioned about half the time again for a normal marathon. Sounds interesting as I even have a current passport to go O/S and would just need to continue on after SFT. More later.

Today, on a very average winter's day with the sight of snow in the mountains and a cold southerly wind blowing off that snow, a fairly solid run down by the river, good pace with the wind behind but difficult against on the way home and uphill to boot.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home