Two Fruits

Friday, April 18, 2008

Calwell Oval - 30 laps in Lane 5

Today:
Bike: 18.1 km
Run:
Distance: 15.2 km
Time: 64' 18"
Rate: 4' 14" per km
Weather: part sun/cloud, temp 19 degrees, humidity 45%, wind calm
Week: 90.15 km
April: 253.0 km
Year: 1550.0 km

I had a few things to do today, so I left the car in the garage and rode the bike. After yesterday's marathon effort, all was well. It was the " junk" food and travelling that slowed me yesterday, not to mention 45 kms, as both the bike ride and the tempo run at the oval were very pleasing.
The oval was clear when I arrived there this afternoon, the grass is still short and reasonably firm underfoot. No need for a warm up as I was well and truly in the groove when I started. Ran bare foot as usual and changed direction after each 10 laps. Ewen, lane 6 also in good condition, seems to be rarely used.
Felt comfortable and gradually increased the pace as the laps went by. First 5 laps I averaged 4' 22" per km, 2nd 5 laps were at 4' 17", 3rd 5 laps at 4' 17", 4th 5 laps at 4' 10", 5th 5 laps at 4' 08" and last 5 laps at 4' 03" per km. An easy cool down jog made the total distance for the day just over 15 km, really happy with the day.
Tomorrow, there may or may not be any running as I will be on top of Mt Rob Roy for the ACT veterans and junior's mountain running championships. Whether I drive up or run will depend on how much gear needs to be bought back down after the event.
I am a bit scared of that steep hill from the reservoir behind Conder/Banks to drive up in the 4WD, and much more terrified of the drive back down. I can see myself going over the edge never to be seen again. Much safer to run and more fun.

2 Comments:

  • That's fast! That pace is beyond me even for a 5k race.

    I'm saving Lane 6 for winter headlight use.

    You could always winch your 4WD back down the hill ;)

    By Blogger Ewen, At April 18, 2008 at 7:41 PM  

  • Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the SBTVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://sbtvd.blogspot.com. A hug.

    By Blogger SBTVD, At April 19, 2008 at 3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home