Two Fruits

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Still no Running

Today:
Distance: 8 km
Time: 100 mins
Rate: 12' 30" per km
Weather: sunny, temp 18 degrees, wind calm, humidity 50%,
Last week: nil
This week: 8 km
Sept: 241.35 km
Year: 3627.7 km

I read CJ's blog this week about her running being boring so she won't write about it. For others, 5-8 kms is a great achievement and like to hear the story. Sometimes, any distance ran is an achievement.
Today I walked Sunday's handicap course, remarking due to a change to an out and back course. I could not have ran the 10 metres I ran on Monday today. Ankle has swollen up, some anti inflammatories tonight have helped, but I hold little hope of making the start line on Sunday morning.
That said, I will of course be there. As Strewth says, it's a social outing as well as running. If I can just jog at the back that would be great, but if not, I will stand around, help out, drink coffee and have a chat.
Talking to others, many often with injuries or other reasons not to compete, helps relieve the disappointment. Most of us at some time will be out of action and need some moral support. No point staying at home with others that don't understand why you run at all.
Bike ride tomorrow, don't fall off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home