Two Fruits

Monday, November 17, 2008

Running out of Time

Today:
Distance: 16.15 km (same as yesterday)
Time: 88' 28"
Rate: 5' 29" per km
Weather: sunny, temp 21 degrees, humidity 30%, wind calm
Week: 32.3 km
Nov: 266.0 km
Year: Target: 5000 km less ytd 4207.2 km = 792.8 km to go
Year: 4207.2 km in 46 weeks at 91.4 km ave

I set this target of running 5000 km in a year, however I didn't give myself a year to get it done. More like, I decided to try just a few weeks ago.
The problem is I basically had 4 weeks of nothing after the Glasshouse run, just in recovery, then a couple of weeks rebuilding.
Then last week I had a sick day, then a bike ride ride day with no running, so the actual against the plan is now well behind schedule.
Nevertheless, it is still possible if the weather holds, the form holds, the enthusiasm holds. Certainly no time for injuries or being sick again.
Today I managed to get near the average required of just under 19 km per day. With a long run on Saturdays, that is still within range, just don't need any non running days. Even a few kms will do, such as after the bike ride on Thursday.
Today I did the usual run from home to Point Hut, up through Gordon to home for lunch, then back behind Bonython to work. Nice day, plenty of sunshine, in contrast to Saturday and Sunday, there was no one near the river. I will revisit the cool water tomorrow after my mid week long run.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home