Two Fruits

Monday, December 8, 2008

Back from the Edge

Today:
Running: nil
Bike: 20 km ( easy, to and from work )
Weather: sunny, temp 23 degrees, humidity 25%, wind light NW

A sore throat and Ewen's comment on rest days had me reassess the last 3 weeks of this year. Just chasing a figure seems pointless when I have gone past my best ever kms for a year. Too many more kms will make next year a bigger challenge.
I don't want to fall in a hole at this time due to over training, so I will now just take each day as it comes. At best to get to 5000 km with only Christmas Day as a rest, I would need to run over 20 km per day ave. With my usual running plan, I would need to do 64 kms on New Year's Eve. Too much.
I plan to have some easy days, rest days, and bike riding days with no running, like today. That way, I can stay healthy and enjoy my Saturday morning long runs with a few hills and mountains thrown in. My favourite day of the week, I like the company and the scenery, pity some of them are so difficult.
Probably do reasonable run mid week, especially on a nice day.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home