Two Fruits

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

How Good is Today ?

Today:
Distance: 16.25 km
Time: 86' 36"
Rate: 5' 20" per km
Weather: sunny, temp 23 degrees, humidity 45%, wind calm
Week: 62.0 km
Feb: 337.4 km
Year: 770.75 km in 8 weeks at 96.3 km ave per week

Today is almost as good as it gets for running mid morning. I'm not an early morning runner, I don't have to during the week, and but run early at the weekend so I can enjoy the company of some wonderful people.
On holiday's this week, so I get to sleep in ( unlike CJ who hasn't had a sleep in for weeks), wake up when I feel l have rested enough, just ease in the day.
Another perfect morning, ideal temp to head out just after 10 am. Felt comfortable all run, lower leg/ankle still tender after crashing off the mtn bike last week. The bruising has gone, but maybe some other damage taking it's time to repair. It's a problem only when cold, warmed up and running is Ok.
Flat run from home, down to Point Hut, along the river track past Pine Is to the loop track at the top car park, then back behind Bonython, through Gordon and home.
I did notice some people in the river at Pine Is, so I presume the water is safe for swimming. There are no signs up about the bacteria or any algae. After my cuts and scratches have healed, I will take a chance and get back in the water next week when I am back at work.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home