Two Fruits

Monday, February 9, 2009

Paint

Today:
Distance: 16.05 km
Time: 85' 28"
Rate: 5' 19" per km
Weather: cloudy, cooler, temp 22 degrees, humidity 50%, wind calm
Week: 29.25 km
Feb: 119.05 km
Year: 552.4 km in 53 hours 25 mins at 5' 48" ave per km

Struggling to write much today as the run was so similar to every second day each week day, that there is barely a story. So for interest sake, at the beginning of each year I delete all history off my GPS. Therefore all recording is for the calendar year. Year to date are easy to find. The interesting part is that for all the long slow Saturday running, and walking I do, the ave km rate so far is only just above my long term km rate.
Now that figure is found on the Garmin Training Centre where I down load each day's data, and it keeps the totals. Long term km ave is 5' 36" per km over the past 3 and a half years.
Now the title for today has nothing to do with the above. I really don't like painting with a brush, as in the house. It's not the throwing the paint on the wall, but all the preparation that gets done before hand.
Almost opposite to me running a race, I like the preparation but the race is just the final destination.
On Sunday morning, Mr Jones came over to my place to play with my computer. He knows at bit, well a lot, I am mug dumb. I wanted to be able to take maps and course profiles off my Garmin Training Centre and put them on my blog. But Garmin won't let me do it in any type of direct fashion. So Mr Jones showed me how to "paint" it into the blog. Any method will do as long as I can follow the instruction. Point by point, I wrote it down, and now I can whenever I want to.
One day when there is something interesting to show, I will do, just because I can.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home