Two Fruits

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Saturday Long Run

Today:

Distance:   15.00 km ( don't laugh)

Time:  85' 04"

Rate:  5' 40"  per km

Weather: part sun/cloud,  temp 16 degrees, humidity 45%, wind cool west 25 kmph

Week:  44.15 km,  April:  15.00 km,  Year:  796.05 km

It's been a long time since I ran this far in one day. Combination of many reasons, motivation being one of them. However, today pushing into another strong westerly wind on the way out to Claremont Hotel, it all came back to me. I remembered what to do, and why I am a runner. A slow one at the moment, but at least I enjoyed being out there.

Running next to the road is not exactly inspiring, but better than nothing being in suburbia. Plus I'm not fit enough to head up to the hills behind Rosetta, otherwise I would go off road.

At the moment I'm watching the mighty Blues pay against the new Gold Coast Suns in the AFL. I could have gone to the local footy game to watch Aker play for Glenorchy against Clarence.

For those that follow the AFL, I'm also reading the Darrel Baldock book, " The Incomparable Mr Magic". Doc was around playing for the Saints and then back to Latrobe as Captain/Coach for their 4 years in a row premierships from 1969 to 1972. The best footballer ever to play Aussie rules footy.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home