Two Fruits

Monday, May 16, 2011

It's a Long Way from Canberra

Today:
Distance:  8.5 km
Time:  44' 05"
Rate:  5' 11" per km
Weather: sunny, temp 15 degrees, humidity 50%, wind north 5 kmph
Week:   18.9 km, May:  50.75 km,  Year:  997.25  km

I've been trying to think of a title for today's story, nothing came to mind, until......
After a very cool night, 1 degree in the van early morning, then it warmed up nicely, so I ran before the day's activities started.
Another jog along the road to Nelson's Bay, part of the Port Stephens tourist area. Nothing much happened, a bit of traffic, not really taking much notice as I didn't expect to see any one I knew.
Not far from the finish, a car honked and a wave from the window. I didn't know who would be in this area. Now I discover it was my brother-in-law in a work vehicle with a workmate also in the car.
He asks who that is running, so it is explained who I am and I have arrived from Canberra. Passenger says he must be tired running all that way. Not quite in that shape at this stage.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home