Two Fruits

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Back to Back Long Runs

Today:
Where: Arboretum, ACT
Distance:  30.15 km
Time: 3 hrs 14 mins 36 secs
Rate:  6' 27" per km
Altitude gain/loss:  495 metres
Weather: sunny, warm, temp range 21-28 degrees, humidity 60% down to 35%, wind calm
Week:  126.9 km,  Jan & Year:  30.15 km

Ran a few laps around the open trails at the Arboretum this morning. Late start, worked until just after midnight on NYE, so needed some sleep.
Very few about as the area is closed to traffic but open to pedestrians on a Sunday.
I basically ran where I turned and almost covered every trail in the area including the gun barrel, the power lines and out to Clo's Crossing. The hardest part was getting to the top of Dairy Farmer's Hill and visiting the eagle at the very last as I left it out beforehand.
I parked the car outside the gate and returned 5 times to replenish my drinks and have a bite to eat.
I actually like these dry, low humidity days on dusty trails. The recovery from yesterday's Cotter run was Ok, but it did take an hour or so to get going.
Backing up again tomorrow with a run up Mt Rob Roy. I'm sure this one will be slow.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home