Two Fruits

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Better Hot Than Not

Today:
Distance:  6.85 km
Time:  38' 54"
Rate: 5' 41" per km
Weather: sunny, very warm, temp 32 degrees, humidity 40%, wind NW 10 kmph
Week:  34.1 km,  Jan & Year:  64.25 km

I was standing at the front door of the bus depot waiting for the GPS to pick up the satellites. I usually get a non runner, that's almost every one where I work, ask if it was too hot to run in this heat.
Without trying to be too clever with a remark, I said I was going for only 5 kms, stopping at 3.5 kms for a drink & a swim, then 1.5 kms back to work.
I assured this person I would stay close to houses, run under any shade there was, a watch out for snakes.
Well, I got most of it right, except the distance, added a bit more because I felt good after a big weekend of running.
It was a feel good run, the running was Ok, the swim was great, and I was out in the great outdoors.
Finished with 45 minutes in the gym, then shower, lunch & watch some of the cricket on TV.
I'll play the rest of the week as it goes, no plan for the next 2 days, then I hope for a cooler day so I can get a reasonably longer run done. That's the problem with running at midday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home