Two Fruits

Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Good Learning Week

Today:
Distance:  12.25 km
Time;   73' 35"
Rate:  6' 00" per km
Weather: sunny, temp 23 degrees, humidity 55%, wind NW 10 kmph
Week:  57.2 km,  Jan & Year:  87.35 km

Jog is spot on with her comment on my last post. The long running days over the weekend have taken more out of me than I expected, resulting in 3 very average outings during this week. Today was slower again, but there were better reasons today.  Get your head around the problem & don't push on regardless.
That is a big mistake, and can only lead to going backwards instead of forward.
I now know how to approach the next couple of months leading to Coburg. It's just as much what not to do as what you need to do.
The three long runs in themselves were not the problem, I got through them Ok, very well in fact. My mistake is continuing to run, a rest day on Tuesday & probably today would have been better.
Weather conditions, fatigue, not enough sleep this week & old age are also good enough excuses.
I ran easy today, Ok for first half an hour, then slowed down. Finished at Pine Is for 12 minutes in the river, very nice indeed.
Missed going into the gym due to chatting & watching the cricket. That will probably help as well.
Tomorrow is a scheduled rest day, and I am looking forward to it.
A valuable week, lessons that need to be heeded.

2 Comments:

  • Yes, Jog's a wise observer. She'd make a good coach!

    By Blogger Ewen, At January 6, 2012 at 6:04 PM  

  • I think Jog (that would be me :)) has just learnt from her own dumbass mistakes and old age. We may as well all learn from each other's.

    Have a fab runnin w'end. I've just arrived in Hobart and am very tired ..... oh ooooooh .... Goodnight.

    By Blogger Jog Blog, At January 6, 2012 at 11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home