Two Fruits

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Searching for Speed

Today:
Distance: 11.25 km
Time:  58'  34"
Rate: 5' 12" per km
Weather: sunny, temp 16 degrees, humidity 45%, wind almost calm
Week: 20.2 km,  Sept: 156.8 km,  Year:  3278.3 km

With the summer track season almost here, and months and months of long slow running, I need to find any long lost speed I had in my legs.
Today, I warmed up with a an easy jog to the gravel track behind Bonython. Then I ran 6 x 700 metres on the flat part that finishes near Woodcock Dr at Gordon.
After a slow start at 4' 30" km pace for the first two, I picked up a bit with the next two at around 4' 20" km pace, then the last two at 4' 15" km pace. Much better, I should have done a couple more but opted for two shorter distances, any length would do.
Measured at 320 metres, I ran two of these at around 3' 52" km pace ave. A good session and certainly should be done at least once a week.
Jogged over to the river at Pine Is, another 12 minutes, same as yesterday, soaking the legs in the cold water.  Good afterwards, it really helps.
The date has been notified for the Brindabella 100km/mile for Sat 2/2/13 next year. That will slot in nicely with Coburg 24 hour in April, same day as Canberra marathon.
Ewen, Hottie looks Ok, but not sure a degree in communication will help her in the BB house.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home