Two Fruits

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Calwell Oval

Today:
Purpose:  cruise intervals session
Distance:  6.68 kms plus 1.22 kms cool down
Time:  30' 46" tempo run
Rate:  4' 36" per km
Weather:  sunny, temp 24 degrees, humidity 20%, wind west 22 kmph

Week:  64.35 km,  Jan & Year:  37.15 km

I went down to the Tuggeranong Parkrun this morning to see how it operates especially how the timing system works.
Would it be suitable for our monthly handicap events where we have 3 events at the same time ?
Not sure I answered any of my questions after leaving, but then I'm a dummy when it comes to software, hardware, chips & bytes.
After that, I went to Calwell oval, grass in good condition, could use a good drop of rain, but it's still nice.
Lane 5 for me, lane 7 for Softshoe as we searched to keep the fast twitch muscles awake. Lots of slow kms certainly kill off any speed.
Just 15 laps in lane 5, bare feet, but the cross wind did no favours. All Ok, certainly not a speed session, but good to go a little faster than normal.
Pace started out at around 4' 50" getting quicker & down to 4'30" by lap 15. I'm no speedster these days, so that's fine to me.

2 Comments:

  • I think the timing system would work well providing everyone had their bar code with them (you would have separate finish position bar codes for each race). However, given people struggle to remember their membership number, odds are they would forget their bar code. I like the parkrun approach - if you forget your bar code, no result. I guess that wouldn't cut it with some Vets members.

    By Blogger Janene, At January 5, 2014 at 9:19 PM  

  • Compulsory tattooed bar codes.

    By Blogger Ewen, At January 6, 2014 at 8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home