Two Fruits

Monday, December 23, 2013

Monday, A Weak Start to The Week

Today:
Purpose:  recovery day
Distance:  8.3 km
Time:  49' 44"
Rate:  6' 00" per km
Recovery: 8 minutes in river
Weather:  cloudy, temp 25 degrees, humidity 45%, wind NW 10 kmph

Week: 8.3 km,  Dec:  335.7 km,  
Year:  5180.6 kms in 51 weeks at ave 101.6 km pw

Yesterday was so good after Saturday on the mountain.
But a day later and there is some tenderness in the quads which I haven't experienced for a long time. I have done plenty of running/walking up and down mountains recently, so may be I did push the pace especially on the fire trail down to Apollo Road.
It's very difficult to go hard on the down of the walking track, it's so technical & I prefer self preservation at my age.
I broke today's running into 2 parts with a bike ride home in the middle. The legs didn't want to cooperate, so I eased back just to make sure I didn't do anything silly.
Tomorrow will be similar, short & easy with Christmas Day a rest day. Otherwise, all still good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home