Two Fruits

Saturday, February 3, 2007

Teacher & Pupil

Distance: 32.85km
Time: 3hrs 27 mins 48 secs
Rate: 6'20" mpk
Weather: warm, sunny, calm, temp range 17 - 27 degrees, humidity 80 - 55%, muggy.

Week:
Distance: 100.3km
Running days: 5/7
Ave: 20.06 km per run

February:
Distance: 47.85km
Runnings days: 2/3

YTD: 509.5km

With rain and storms last night, the weather was always going to play a part in the run today. Warm and humid at start time just after sunrise, saw the perspiration coming out very early. Although we carried plenty of fluid, most was drank well before our return. I think perspiration took over from inspiration early on as well as the brain and legs seemed to be miles away from each other.
The run left out Mt Ainslie as that had a workout last week so we headed over to Mt Majura. With only one mountain to climb, the run should have been much easier. Somehow, there was no flow.
That's when a good student takes advantage and away she went. If not for the rain, I would have been eating dust. She seemed so strong today, read her story of today here because she deserves special mention, the improvement in the last 2 months has been really inspiring. It has kept me going alright.
After a soak of the legs in LBG, I think a couple of days rest are required.

2 Comments:

  • If you're eating the pupil's dust, she's fast!

    It was a tough morning. I think I was wetter before I dived in the river. 6' on a day like that could get very ugly.

    By Blogger Ewen, At February 4, 2007 at 12:35 PM  

  • Thanks for that - I'm feeling very chuffed! However, I'm sure after a day or two fo rest and I'll be eating your dust again!

    By Blogger CJ, At February 4, 2007 at 5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home