Two Fruits

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Battling the Wind

Today:
Distance: 14.2 km
Time: 73' 31"
Rate: 5' 10" per km
Weather: part sun/cloud, temp about 12 degrees, humidity 50%, very windy from NW at 30km +

Week: 64.5 km
August: 120.55 km
Year: 2596.15 km

It was supposed to be an easy run today with a rest day tomorrow as we have a stop work meeting in the morning for a couple of hours, so no running anyway. We are trying to get less work to do for more pay and better conditions. Such a tough job but someone has to do it.
So I ran along Athllon Dr from work over to Tuggy Creek and headed down to the river. Followed the track back past Pine Is and towards Point Hut. Really easy at this stage with the wind behind and taking it easy.
Then turned up thru the dog exercise area, along part of Woodock Dr near Gordon and straight into this gale along the gravel road behind Bonython. This part was a real struggle, should I say a "plod" , I shouldn't but I will.
I looked at the GPS to show current pace at 6' 30" almost leaning over to stay upright. Managed to find shelter near Pine Is among the trees and with the wind from the side, made it back to work.
After a bit of time in the gym pushing a few weights around, no idea of what I was doing but it looked and felt good, it was time for lunch and a shower and finally, doing actually what I get paid to do. I am not a professional athlete, just a mug amateur who trains in the bosses time whenever I can.
Lunch time is for doing other necessary things, like talking, and going to the shops, and the bank, etc.
Rest day Friday, long run on Saturday when hopefully the wind will have gone away.

1 Comments:

  • I'm also hoping the wind will have gone away by Saturday - not much fun trying to run into it. Though still don't know where to run.....

    By Blogger CJ, At August 10, 2007 at 9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home