Two Fruits

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Mt Taylor - Vet's Handicap

Today:
Distance: 7km race plus 7 km warm up marking course
Time: Race 30' 35"
Rate: Race 4' 22" per km
Weather: cold, temp 1 - 4 degrees, foggy, calm, humidity 80%

Week: 14.0 km
July: 348.2 km
Year: 2443.3 km

This is a big weekend for me each year with a whole day at the Bush Capital, helping, running and waiting. Then the work "Christmas in July" is on which I don't go to but instead go to work for 4 and half hours on Saturday night. Then try to back up on Sunday to run at a vet's handicap.
Having said all that, today's run was fairly good again, bit slower than I had hoped for but I finished 57th, an improvement on 72nd last month and 61st the month before. At this rate I could win in year 2015. That won't happen either.
We had to change the course because of not gaining access to the usual start area so the course went out and back on the Torrens/Pearce/Chifley side taking out the hilly Sulwood Dr side and I think a better long course.
Gee it was cold today with the fog covering the top of the mountain, ice on the puddles, and no warmth in the sun. I wore a long sleeved top under a short running singlet but forgot the gloves, so my hands and finger were frozen for the fist 4km. Even Ewen said how cold it was as I managed to catch him with 3km to go.

We did mention that CJ and Strewth were conspicuous by their absence, may be they need some secret training before they front up to the real action.

Anyway, I have a week's holiday this week, go back for 4 weeks before another week off. Bus driving can really take it out of you.

1 Comments:

  • I'm thinking the 6' girls want to get rid of the wobbly bits first.

    That sort of temperature is why I don't like morning runs during winter. I was quite warm in the full tracky though.

    4:22s is OK. I'm battling to run that for 5k on the flat.

    By Blogger Ewen, At July 29, 2007 at 5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home