Two Fruits

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A.D.L.W.R.E

Today:
Distance: nil

Basically, couldn't be bothered so I called it a rest day, slept in and organise the rest of the running month. The above title stands for " Australia Day Long Weekend Running Extravaganza "
The opportunities to catch up with missed running kilometres are few and far between and normally gone forever. This weekend offers the chance to catch up.
My plan is to run from home to Mt Rob Roy and back on Saturday starting at 8:00 am. (Distance around 30 km) Sunday is the first vet's handicap of the year at Campbell Park, short one at 6 km, remember start time is 8:30 am with a few more kms before and after to make the day worthwhile. Monday is the public holiday so I plan to go to the Cotter, usual start place at the playground and do at least the 21 mile.(Distance 33-36 km) Start time 8:00 am.
If I can permission from Ewen and Elizabeth,I may also include the pipeline road just to add a bit more of a hill and a couple of extra kms. The best part is it is late in the run after Vanities Crossing so a chance to cool down and refresh before the last 7 ks to the finish. With a bit of rain recently, the spa should be running at the finish as well.
Anyone wishing to join in, just turn up, all welcome, will run to suit. Just need to bring plenty of drinks as I expect the weather to warm up again after the last few cooler days. This weekend is about time on the feet, speed is not important, walk when necessary, run when you can. There may be a couple of converstaion stopper hills, just part of the fun.

1 Comments:

  • Sounds really really brilliant. Unfortuantely my long run is scheduled for Saturday, around 32k this time. I'm also perhaps a bit too slow, and stop because I can quite often. Keep up the suggestions though, if I see one good, I might come along. (I just need more speed!)

    By Blogger Aki, At January 23, 2008 at 11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home