Two Fruits

Monday, May 12, 2008

Out and About on the Mountain Bike

Today: Bike ride
Distance: 30.9 km
Weather: sunny, temp 14-18 degrees, humidity 50%, wind calm

I have this week on leisure leave, as opposed to normal annual leave, and, as I had a few places to go, I rode the bike. I called it an active recovery day, nice and easy, low gears, just cruise along and enjoy the day.
I rode from home through Gowrie to Fadden nature park, crossed under Yamba Dr to Farrer ridge and dropped the key to the Mt Rob Roy gates off at the ACT Environment building on Athllon Dr.
From there it is all down hill to Tuggeranong where I dropped of an ink cartridge to be refilled. While I waited, I went down to Pine Is for an hour standing in the water and kicking some sand about to prepare the feet to prevent blisters on Sunday. Collected the ink cartridge and rode home. Beaut day to be out and about at the same time of the day as I will experience all through winter. There's no frost at 11:00 am. How good will that be?

2 Comments:

  • It's a scorcher of a week for May. Don't you just love afternoon running :) Poor CJ and the rest can keep their 5am runs!

    By Blogger Ewen, At May 12, 2008 at 9:01 PM  

  • Forget early morning in winter, too cold, and how do we know CJ is even running at 5:00am? Softshoeshuffle is running at 4:30am, maybe lifestyle is better than being a 9-5er.

    By Blogger Two Fruits, At May 13, 2008 at 9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home