Two Fruits

Monday, June 23, 2008

High Noon Running

Today:
Distance: 15.15 km
Time: 81' 59"
Rate: 5' 25" per km
Weather: sunny, light high cloud, temp 11 degrees, humidity 60%, calm
Week: 30.2 km
June: 364.0 km
Year: 2455.85 km

I saw the results of the Canada Day fun run from Sunday and noted that CJ had a " not so good" result by her standards. Maybe too much work and too little play and rest are taking their toll. I am definitely in the second group, maybe I should work more and play less.
Not many years ago, I thought running 300 kms a month was a lot, then 400 kms a month was really good. Now, maybe I do have a big picture item coming up, but now I think close to or above 500 km a month is the target. Maybe somewhere in between is optimum.
Today I ran home from work in my midday work break. Up Isabella Dr to Chisholm shops, around the back of Gilmore and Chisholm houses to Johnson Dr near the Calwell oval, and finally after adding a bit of out and back made it home for lunch. Beaut winter's (if you can call it winter) day, after the fog lifted. Cool and sunny, no wind, perfect running conditions.

3 Comments:

  • That's if you're lucky enough to run at lunch-time. It was a tad chilly at 6pm.

    You're right Steve - keep playing more - it's fun.

    By Blogger Ewen, At June 23, 2008 at 9:34 PM  

  • Ewen's right too - being able to run in the middle of the day would be a big bonus! Running from 10am on Sat and again on Sunday was so much warmer than running at 5.30pm tonight. Can we swap jobs please?? I could drive a bus if I had a GPS otherwise I would manage to lose all the passengers!!

    By Blogger strewth, At June 23, 2008 at 10:09 PM  

  • You have been tagged - check my blog to see what you have to do!!

    By Blogger strewth, At June 23, 2008 at 11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home