Two Fruits

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Mt Taylor - On Duty

Today:
Distance: 7.05 km
Time: 74' 56"
Rate: 10' 38" per km
Weather: cold, cloudy, temp 0-7 degrees, humidity high, wind calm
Week: 7.05 km
July: 403.65 km
Year: 2963.9 km

Knowing I would not be able to back up after the ultra on Saturday, I put my name down to be on duty today. Good decision as it turned out although feeling Ok, race running may have been a disaster. However, a gentle walk with the guys marking the course was good tonic for recovery.
And a gentle jog for the last couple of kms back to the start, down hill as well was not an effort.
Cold morning, everyone was wearing gloves and beanies, long tops and pants, such is winter in Canberra. It's almost over, I can feel spring in the air, or is that a plane ticket burning a hole in my pocket.
Ewen, from hearing about CJ's run yesterday, I may have a chance at that beer, wait until the full results are available.

3 Comments:

  • You might have fallen at the final hurdle - just like Cadel. The last 11k at +7s could have let you down.

    Perfect tune-up for GH160. Have a good recovery week.

    By Blogger Ewen, At July 27, 2008 at 5:51 PM  

  • Hey Two Fruits, just in case I don't catch up with you between now and Thursday, have a great time up north and a Happy Birthday.

    By Blogger softshoeshuffle, At July 28, 2008 at 8:22 AM  

  • I can't vouch for the changed Thomas course for this year, but the Waddell course was great, I could spot second last place well ahead, and was even tempted to try and catch said person.

    By Blogger Friar, At July 29, 2008 at 4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home