Two Fruits

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Cup Day Double Up

Today:
Distance: 26.65 km
Time: 2 hrs 27 mins 38 secs
Rate: 5' 32" per km
Weather: sunny, temp range 15-19 degrees, humidity 30%, wins sthly at 15 km to start then eased to calm
Week: 60.15 km
Nov: 85.75 km
Year: 5000 km less ytd 4026.95 km = 973.05km to go

Beautiful day for a day off work with the Melbourne Cup to be run at 3 pm. I had planned to get a reasonably long run in but left very late morning hoping to be back before the horses jumped. However, hunger took over so I cut the run short and headed home for lunch.
The first part was towards the Theodore sub station, into a gentle but cool southerly breeze. Around the Conder side of Tuggeranong Hill to the ridge track above Lanyon shops. Needing a few hills to get fitter, I headed over the ridge to the Calwell side, down the steep track to go under Drakeford Dr at Gordon, then home.
Watched the horses go round in a race that "stops a nation" . Out again down towards the river for a 10 minute stand in the water then back home. Plenty of kids about playing in the water enjoying a day off school.
The only piece of knowledge I have about horses is you put plenty of money in one end, wait a while then you get manure from the other end, put in a bag and sell it for $2. Great for the garden. No wonder the economy is going so well.

2 Comments:

  • Yep, that's definitely what happened to my horse! But it was fun imagining what it would be like to make millions - just for a second!! Great day for a run or two.

    By Blogger strewth, At November 4, 2008 at 10:56 PM  

  • Hi Steve,

    Please sign me up for Six Foot Training and I am serious. I felt like I was running with two left feet at Alpine Climb in Bright and felt so unfit. Just let me know when it all starts.

    By Blogger Kelley Flood, At November 5, 2008 at 5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home