Two Fruits

Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Distance is Getting Shorter

Today:
Distance: 7.7 km
Time: 42' 32"
Rate: 5' 31" per km
Weather: cloudy, temp 22 degrees, humidity 50%, NW wind at 25 kmph
Week: 40.85 km
Jan & Year: 310.45 km

I have gone backwards this week and I don't know why. Maybe CJ killed part of me last Saturday on those hills trying to keep up, I don't think so, but this week has not been good. I felt really good after Saturday's run, just tired, then the other day's of this week I would rather forget happened. Struggling to get 10 km a day done.
I am having trouble with sore glute muscles on the top of the right side. I have taken a couple of anti inflammatories tonight, a couple more tomorrow. I suspect it is a repeat of bursitis I get every now and again.
It's caused by doing too much too often, a few tablets and an easy week should fix the problem if it is bursitis.
If not, then I will have to ask someone that deals with injuries. Of course it is made worse by siting for long periods of time, so maybe a few days off work will help.
So today with no enthusiasm, I ran/jogged down to the river, found it completely empty, cloudy day and they all stay away. Except for a young couple looking for a quiet spot away from view. Good luck to them.
Spent 15 minutes in the water, a bit cooler than the last few days, seemed to help as well. I will take it easy for the next few days, hopefully by Sunday I will be able to run well enough to catch CJ and Strewth, no chance on Ewen if he fronts. Although he did receive a shift backwards after last November's good run.
But I do want be be right for Monday, good run up Mt Tennent, got to love that.

1 Comments:

  • Not sure. I'm keen on the Stromlo short course though. I'm also scared of CJ, so I might take on the sprinters in the short course, thus avoiding an inglorious defeat at the hands of wonder woman.

    By Blogger Ewen, At January 23, 2009 at 5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home