Two Fruits

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Clear, Cool Water

Today:
Distance: 12.8 km
Time: 69' 18"
Rate: 5' 25" per km
Weather: sunny, temp 25 degrees, humidity 40%, wind calm
Week & March: 12.8 km
Year: 843.2 km

Low key run today with the thoughts of softshoeshuffle on my mind. I read his blog story after his good run yesterday to read his brother had died. I left a message on his blog, but the thoughts are with him and his family at this time. There is not much we can do, so if any one else wishes to write, just a note of his blog www.softshoeshuffle60.blogspot.com site will do.

Today a short recovery run down to the river at Pine Is. A couple of times last week I noticed people swimming so I checked out the water conditions for myself. Local lakes and parts of the Murrumbidgee River are still closed due to blue/green algae or high levels of bacteria. Great surprise to find the water at the main central beach at Pine Is very clear, and nice and cool. Almost as good as it gets before getting too cold in winter. A quick swim and run back home. Nothing much else to report. Very quiet, just one BBQ on the go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home