Two Fruits

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Time & Tide Against

Today:

Nil

As I wrote yesterday, there was no running today due to the weather. No point in getting cold and wet for no real benefit so close to the weekend marathon.
Planning the running program for the rest of this year and the first part of next year has proved to be very frustrating. I like to know well in advance what events are on, what I need to do to train for them, organise holidays or a few days off etc.
Part of the plan is that 2010 will probably be my 12th and, at least for a while, last Six Foot Track. That will allow me to then do some different events that haven't been an option previously. That will include the Red Rock to Coffs Harbour jetty run in NSW, a 45 km beach run. That has always been in late March, a couple of weeks after SFT.
Earlier this year it was held in late April so it became on option if that date held. I wrote to the race director who advised that in 2010, due to the tide, it will be held on 20th March, the week after SFT. End of that story, may be run in 2011.
The next changing part of the plan is Coast to Kozi run in early Dec. I came away from the 24 hour at end of July disappointed with the result from a C2K point of view. I then switched my attention to the 64 km Bruny Is run in Tassie the weekend before C2K. I have a week of leisure leave to take, time off work not a problem. Again, whether we need to travel to Tassie for family reasons, and do the Bruny Is run is an unknown. If we don't need to go, then I may resurrect the C2K idea. There is still 2 months to go, this weekend will determine what sort of shape I am in, and whether I can build on that. Some good lead up events including the Cotter-Bulls Head-Cotter 54 km at end of Oct and the Deep Space Mtn, very hilly marathon 44 km in mid Nov would be ideal. Plus a couple of very long distance or double the Three Peaks course, 54 kms would be used to make up some of the training. No sure at all on C2K, but I will add it to the possibilities list.
With the Red Rock to Coffs run off for me, I may decide on the Wilson's Prom 100 km on 17th April 2010. There is a shorter 80 km option to be done, better than a road 50 km in Canberra the weekend before, if it's on.
Whatever I run, the weather will want to be warmer than today, winter has returned in October. However, remember Deep Space marathon last November, snow above 1000 metres, a real experience to run that day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home