Two Fruits

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Born to Run

Today:
Distance: 12.1 km
Time: 63' 30"
Rate: 5' 15" per km
Weather: cloudy, temp 13 degrees, humidity 67%, wind calm ( coldest day for 6 months)
Week: 34.9 km, April: 425.7 km, Year: 1571.05 km

On the radio after the 6 pm news, I listen to the " frozen 5 ", the top 5 songs from a week in a by gone year, my years. After that, they play a couple of new songs which I don't understand. Then they play " Cover to Cover" reviewing an album from long ago, that's a CD in today's language.
Usually very good artists, solo or groups. Today they reviewed Bruce Springstein's Born to Run.
How appropriate ? A runner listening after the frozen 5 on the coldest day of the year so far.
I did forget how good this album was after his first two were very average, but after that he produced some excellent efforts. The best being "Born in the USA" which I still have on cassette, somewhere.
Which just goes to show how uninspiring today's running was due to the weather. I felt Ok after a hard run yesterday at the monthly handicap.

1 Comments:

  • Don't you mean an illegal MP3 download in today's language?

    That takes me back. I remember being at a bike rally and some dude played the s#!t out of that tape full bore for 2 days straight. I still know every word off-by-heart.

    By Blogger Ewen, At April 29, 2010 at 7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home