Two Fruits

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

New Trail Running Shoes

Today:
Distance: 9.6 km
Time: 50' 52"
Rate: 5' 18" per km
Weather: cloudy, temp 21 degrees, humidity 55%, NNW at 20 kmph
Week: 40.4 km, May: 91.6 km, Year: 1690.25 km

I had a chat to my brother in FNQ last night and suggested that proper trail running shoes would be required at the Gold Rush. I have never ran in anything other than road shoes with a good grippy tread. The first thing I do when looking for new running shoes is turn them over and look for some grip. But proper trail shoes, I have never considered them.
Part of that reasoning is that almost all my running trails are dry and dusty, not wet or rough, or that steep. I bought a pair of Adidas Response Trail shoes, and tried them out less than an hour after purchase. Certainly do give plenty of support both on up hill and down, and inspire confidence to go a bit harder.
I found an up hill, short but runable behind Bonython near Stranger Hill. Years ago, I ran repeats here, must have been silly then.
Finished at the river at Pine Is for 11 @ 13, really good, got out before the rain started & the shoes got wet.

3 Comments:

  • It'll be interesting to see how they go on Qld's steep muddy hills. Should be perfect for up and down Mt Tennent in the snow.

    By Blogger Ewen, At May 5, 2010 at 7:33 PM  

  • Am interested to see how the Adidas trail shoes go for you. I've had both Brooks and Asics (Trabucos) trail shoes. Both had good traction but the Asics had superior fit, stability and durability. I'd buy them again for sure. Have never had a pair of Adidas trail shoes. I like the look of Adidas (Ewen is right - ie, "the look" is important to us girly blondes) but generally Adidas are a bit too wide fitting for my narrow tootsies.

    By Blogger Jog Blog, At May 5, 2010 at 10:00 PM  

  • Jog, the Salomon XT Whisper got a good write-up here. Their colour is nothing to write home about though ;)

    By Blogger Ewen, At May 6, 2010 at 4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home