Two Fruits

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Recovery Process

Wednesday:
Dist: 5.8 kms in 33' 20" @ 5' 45" per km
Weather: sunny, temp 15 degrees, humidity 40%, wind NW 15 kmph
Today:
Dist: 7.1 kms in 39' 45" @ 5' 36" per km
Weather: sunny, temp 12 degrees, humidity 35%, wind cold West 25 kmph
Week:  19.4 km, Aug: 22.4 km, Year:  3006.05 km

I have come up with a plan to stop myself from returning to full running. It's nothing more than a version of the 10% rule, just more.
Week 1 after the 48 hour, longest run to be no more than 5 kms. I did 3 kms on one day on the Gold Coast. That's 60% of max distance of 5 kms.
Week 2, this week, no run longer than 10 kms. This week, I have ran 3 times for 6.5 kms, 5.8 kms, & 7.1 kms, so around the 60-70% of max distance.
Next week, the max distance will increase to 15 kms, may be one day late in the week. A few shorter runs during the week with a couple of rest days in there as well. Weather will determine which days.
So the process will increase by 5 kms a week until I get back to a normal routine & am feeling refreshed & ready to look to the next challenge. Which will be ??
No idea at the moment. I would like to run a qualifier for Six Foot Track next year in case I decide to enter. But, the marathon I would like to run, Fitzroy Falls Fire Trail Marathon is on Sat 6th Oct, the first day of a week off work I have to take.
We may make a trip back to see our friend who has motor neurone disease if he is still around & able to recognize us. A few laps of the Gold Coast beaches would be hard to take, but I could do it.
Otherwise, I may aim for Deep Space Mountain Marathon if AMRA decide to put it on & set a date in November.
At the moment, getting back fitness, staying healthy & surviving winter are important. Can't wait for spring & summer to come back.
I have today passed 3000 kms for the year. Looks good in print.












0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home