Two Fruits

Monday, September 17, 2012

My Garmin is Back

Today:
Distance:  10.5 km
Time:  59' 29"
Rate:  5' 40" per km
Weather: cloudy, temp 14 degrees, humidity 55%, wind NE 5 kmph
Week:  10.5 km,  Sept:  232.5 km,  Year:  3376.0 km

My Garmin 310XT conked out at Caboolture 48 hour when I tried to recharge it on the run. The battery life had always been poor especially when it is advertised at 20 hours but fails at 35% life, thus having about 13 hours of usable time. The problem was it wouldn't restart after I had recharged it back to 100%.
I sent it back to the retailer in Brisbane where I purchased it on-line after trying for weeks to talk to Garmin in Australia.
The recorded telephone message was always " Your call is important to us, please hold, a service technician will be with you as soon as possible" Wait 20-30 minutes, hang up.
In just a week, I had my Garmin returned, probably with a new battery, told 18 hours of training life, plus a new recharger. Happy now, feel as though one of the family has come back home.
I ran home this morning from work using a 201 kindly loaned to me by Softshoe. Took the 310 back to work and did a further 4.5 kms to test. Seems Ok.
Now I have to reload the data that I want to record & display plus remember that I'm not 35 years old or weigh 68 kgs. Better get those figures right or the calorie count will be wrong.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home