Two Fruits

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Speedy Hills

Today:
Purpose: Hard up hill
Distance:  13.2 km
Time:  75' 07"
Rate: 5' 41" per km
Weather: sunny, temp 26 degrees, humidity 30%, wind west 20 kmph
Week:  36.8 km, Nov:  273.45 km,  Year:  4021.8 km

I split the running into 2 sections. There are hills on the way home at the back of Gordon, so I planned to run them hard, or as hard as possible.
Then with the benefit of gravity, I ran back to work at a nice comfortable pace. It was probably slower than the harder up hill to get home, so the km rate doesn't reflect either of the sessions.
I stopped at Pine Is for 10 minutes recovery in the cool water, before heading back to work.
A really nice afternoon today, difficult to get the mind into the right frame to actually complete the 2nd half of my day's work.
May be I should have not gone back, as the afternoon was a messy few hours highlighted by another prang on the Tuggie Parkway that delayed the traffic by half an hour. I just missed getting the news about where it was, near Cotter Road overpass, and missed the first turn off on to Lady Denman Dr over Scrivener Dam. Stuck at snail's pace until finally getting clear.
Lucky these days on the road driving among don't happen very often. Give me enough notice, I will detour anywhere to not get stuck.

2 Comments:

  • One of my regular runs is gradual uphill for 5km & gradual downhill for 5km, and like your run yesterday, the km rate often doesn't vary even though the terrain is totally different. Just shows that time and km rate don't tell the whole story :)

    By Blogger Jog Blog, At November 22, 2012 at 9:40 AM  

  • Yes, as Liz said - good to see the purpose of the run explained rather than just km rate. I should say that many of my Calwell 'track' sessions aren't track sessions - they're easy recovery runs on a lovely surface :)

    By Blogger Ewen, At November 23, 2012 at 5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home