Two Fruits

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

More Consistency

Today:
Purpose:  make the next run easier
Distance:  15.7 km
Time:  89' 13"
Rate:  5' 41" per km
Weather: sunny, temp 15 degrees, humidity 55%, wind calm

Week: 30.15 km,  June:  92.55 km,  Year: 2358.9 km

Every run makes the next one easier. The essence of training is progressive overload with recovery in between to consolidate the training.
Yesterday and today were each to make tomorrow's hilly run easier. I'm trying to maintain a kms rate in between 5'30" & 5'45" pace given that most of my training runs involve hills of some kind or other.
I have company from the dark side for tomorrow's longish run, so I have to prepare as best I can.
Don't want to be left behind when running in my own back yard.Tuggeranong Hill may be a challenge especially after a few other climbs beforehand.
Nothing special today, a good solid pace with a couple of hills, so a little slower than on Monday. All good, nice weather at the moment for early winter.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home