Two Fruits

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Mid Month Slump

Running:

April: 

Distance: 74.1 kms
Altitude gain:  1034 metres

Year:
Distance:  1073.3 kms in 16 weeks at ave  67.08 km per week
Altitude gain:  20,246 metres in 16 weeks at ave  1265 metres per week

Suffering a mid month slump but as I knew, this was to be expected.
I had predicted a while ago, that post CBR 100 km in March, the events leading up to and including the AnzacUltra, would take away the opportunity to get back to routine running.
Lucky, the mountain bike riding and the recovery/freshening up has worked well.
I am slowly getting back into normal routine and the running is coming back nicely. Even found a slight improvement in pace, but I'm sure that will disappear as the length of the long runs increase.
Basically, the rest time has helped, but the winter cold won't.
As mentioned before, what I actually focus on doing later this year will depend on how the next couple of months go.
All going well, I will head outback for a long run in spring.
If not, I'll look a couple of short ultras like Surf Coast Century or Great Ocean Walk, both in Victoria in Sept/Oct or Hume & Hovell in NSW in Oct. All three are 100 kms, very doable off a good solid base of winter training.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home