Two Fruits

Thursday, March 26, 2015

12 Weeks Gone Already

Distance:

957.85 kms in 12 weeks at ave 79.8  km

Altitude gain:

18067 metres in 12 weeks at ave 1505 metres

I ran a very easy 6 kms on Wednesday followed by 10 minutes in the now cool waters of the Murrumbidgee River.
Considering I went in to the 100 km last Saturday underdone, I have managed to get through unscathed except the usual just being tired. Another few nights of good quality sleep and I should be back to normal.
The bike riding at a comfortable pace has also helped the recovery. As it did leading up to the big run.
Time now to get ready for a week of race volunteering at the AnzacUltra2015 starting on Easter Monday. Not sure on what I will be required to do, but guessing there won't be too many quiet times.
After that, I will put a plan together for a long run once spring time arrives.
Training in winter won't be to my liking, but hoping to get most of it done during the warmest times of the day. However, a winter/snow run up Stockyard Spur to Mt Gingera & Mt Ginini once we get the white stuff on the ground will be something worth waiting to do.
This year will the first winter I have experienced in 4 years. Missed the recent ones away on holidays. Might be lucky and only have this year to get through. The future is looking bright, at the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home