Two Fruits

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Week 17 - Maintaining Averages

Running:  Year to Date

Distance:  1,255.45 kms in 17 weeks at ave 73.85 kms ( up from 73.6 kms in week 15)

Last 2 weeks:  150.5 kms

Altitude:  41,229 metres in 17 weeks at ave  2,425 metres ( down from 2,456 metres in week 15)

Last 2 weeks:  4,883 metres

The further the year progresses, the harder it is to move the averages. Seemed like I was having a good couple of weeks, but I did have a week on holiday when there was no serious running done.
Just a few days when the chance arose, to get a few kms done.
I have two events coming up soon. First is the Compass Club South marathon starting at Cockle Creek in southern Tasmania. This will be the most southern marathon in Australia as it takes in the South Coast Walking track on the very edge of the state. Chances are the weather will be unkind as much as the RD is emailing to say weather conditions will be Ok. Most likely, if no rain, there will be a cool southerly or westerly wind blowing. Whatever the conditions, it will be a fun day. Not taking the run/result seriously as I will carry the camera to take plenty of photos.
A week later, I will be teaming up to participate in a 6 hour Rogaine. Never done one of these or orienteering, so a new experience. It's not meant to be too difficult, suburban bush conditions, I'm told. Again, I just follow the leader & see what happens.
After that, I'll concentrate on getting to 50,000 metres by end of May ( 5 months). The vertical challenge to get to 100,000 metres by year's end will have to take a back seat as I hope to escape the winter weather in Tasmania & head north to the warmth & sunshine for a few months.










1 Comments:

  • Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

    Thanks!
    Hailey

    By Blogger hailey, At May 12, 2017 at 9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home