Two Fruits

Sunday, July 8, 2018

Week 27 - Slack Week

Running:  Year to date

Distance:  2,305.25 kms in 27 weeks at ave  85.4 km ( down from 86.5 at week 26)

Last week:  56.55 kms

Altitude:  Garmin: 84,358 metres in 27 weeks at ave  3,124 metres ( down from 3,152 metres at week 27)
Strava:  87,448 metres

Last week:  2,388 metres

A down week with more walking than running it seemed. Only two descent runs both cut short by potential damaging weather especially as I was out solo in the mountains.
Tuesday, I headed out looking for a couple of trig/rock pile mountain summits. Reached the top of Collins Cap in nice sunny weather and decided to head towards big brother, Collins Bonnet. But, the storm clouds were rolling in quickly.
Being up at over 1,100 metres above sea level, and open and exposed alpine country, I took a short cut back to the car park. Even as I dropped to lower altitude, the wind meant the gum trees could easily drop a branch. I didn't want to be under one of them.
Saturday, I decided to try to find some snow. Didn't really have enough time. A few of the mountain trails are still closed due to storm water damage a month or more ago and don't look like being repaired any time soon. The main problem is that, if I start at my normal location, it adds around 8 kms, more than an hour of moving time, tracks are very rough.
I made it to junction Cabin, at 620 metres above sea level, but no sign of snow. Apparently, on the day, snow line was just above 1000 metres. Very windy again, we have had 3-4 days of strong winds.
Trees falling over, or dropping branches, are a real worry. Back down as quickly as possible.
Remainder of the week was short either jogging or walking days with a complete rest day. Just tired, needed a non active day.
This week I will chase the snow. Seems all my local running friends have been up to the knees in the snow & having fun. My turn now.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home