Two Fruits

Saturday, October 27, 2007

All Fired Up

Today:
Distance: 12.65 km
Time: 76' 18"
Rate: 6' 02" per km
Weather: cloudy, looks like more rain, temp 22 degrees, humidity 45%, wind calm
Week: 85.55 km
October: 256.3 km
Year: 3577.0 km

I heard Pat Benatar signing the title song on the radio last night and it very much sums up where I am at. However, Frank Sinatra singing " My Way" also has an influence and " Alone again, naturally" by Gilbert O'Sullivan is in there somewhere. Patience is the word.
With a vet's handicap tomorrow and I should still be in recovery mode, all fired up has to take a back seat. Today, slept in after night shift at work, midnight finish and 2:00 am into bed, I headed out at 11:00 this morning just to keep moving.
Nice and easy down behind Theodore and over to Conder, jogged/ran the flat and downhill, walked the inclines, watched the little kids at the oval, some were so small they would have been lucky to see the finish line even when 20 metres away, they were having fun and participating, that's important.
Time to think when you run alone, came up with a few suggestions to help CJ out, and work out a plan for myself for next year. The current edition of R4YL mag has Andrew Letherby's 4 week training plan he followed, I would need to cut out the afternoon run. I am not a fan of his coach, Nic Bideau however.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home