Two Fruits

Monday, October 1, 2007

Tempo Laps of the Oval

Today:
Distance: 17.55 km
Time: 87' 06"
Rate: 4'57" per km
Laps of the oval: Dist: 12.6 km, time 59' 57", rate: 4' 45" per km
Weather: sunny, temp 18 degrees, humidity 45%, strong west wind at 40 kmph
Week & Oct: 17.55 km
Year: 3338.25 km

Bit undecided as to what to do today after Saturday's long run and a strong wind blowing today. Started out as an easy run going past the Calwell shops and arrived to find a vacant Calwell oval. With no real motivation to climb hills, I stayed and ran laps on the running track, just like Ewen. You can learn from what others do.
I managed to maintain a consistent rhythm, changed direction after 6 km, the wind coming across the track so no real benefit or hindrance. Lost count of the laps as I ran in lane 2, sometimes out in lane 3 when the wind blew me sideways.
Yesterday dragged out the runner's bible for me called " Guide to Injury Prevention". I have read this book from front to back many times, taken in everything that applies to me. At my massage last week, Maria found no problems, no climbing down from the ceiling, just good preventative work to get me to the start line.
I find inspiration in the saying on CJ's blog, the important part is getting to the start line, not the finish line, or words to that effect.
If you have a copy of the book, CJ & Strewth, read pages 189-191.
Ewen, the oval in the outer lanes is pretty good for a lack of rain, nice easy running today without needing to watch the ground.

2 Comments:

  • Good choice :) At least the headwind lasts for no more than 100m or so.

    You'll find my goat-track on the inside of lane 6. It's a good lane - not too tight a turn. Distance for one lap is about 437.7m. I do splits on the Garmin every 5 laps and count them that way.

    By Blogger Ewen, At October 1, 2007 at 8:47 PM  

  • Must find a copy of that book. Who's the author? Nice change from the hills today!!

    By Blogger strewth, At October 1, 2007 at 9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home