Two Fruits

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Mountain Bike Ride

Today:
Distance: 22.6 km
Time: 90 minutes:
Pace: 15 kmph
Weather: cloudy, mild, temp 20 degrees, wind calm, humidity 60%

The "boot camp" riders from work had left before I was back in the depot this morning, so I went out on my own. I had planned to go for a short run, but changed my mind when the weather turned out to be a bit average.
The course turned out to be a bit hilly, not a rest day easy ride just for fun, and a bit of effort was required. From work, up Erindale Dr, crossing over Sulwood and onto Farrer Ridge. Followed the arrows from the Triple Tri course and went under Yamba Dr and into Isaacs. Over Long Gully Rd to Wanniassa Hills nature park on the track reconstructed and partly sealed after some clearing for fire trail access. It has taken away the niceness of the area, but I suppose it is needed when fires do come along.
Followed the track past the back of Karralika to MacArthur, over to Fadden Pines, and down Isabella Dr back to work. Enjoyable ride, bit rocky and rough in places, and it showed up the need to replace the tyres on the bike with some better off road ones for better grip on loose surfaces. A couple of times the back started to skid when the brakes were applied and I found myself heading for the edge.
I told Sue, captain of the Triple Tri team from a couple of weekends ago, that I may have a go at an off road duathlon next winter. That means the upgrade to the mtn bike, and much more practice on my bike riding skills. Should be fun, and the cross training benefits will definitely help my running. I can notice the difference already from a few longer rides with the guys from work, plus I ride to and from work each day as well, three weeks in four.
Just need to stay on the bike and not " do a CJ" or now, " do a Strewth" Have fun everyone.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home