Two Fruits

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Oakey Hill

Today:
Distance: 10.75 km
Time: 54' 45"
Rate: 5' 05" per km
Weather: cloudy, temp 25 degrees, humidity 60%, NW wind at 30 kmph
Week: 66.65 km
Feb: 81.95 km
Year: 603.0 km



I rested yesterday, a combination of time and being tired. Much better for the day off, but I had to run from Woden Interchange at lunch time. Not really enough time for distance so I had to go a bit quicker than I would have liked.
Up Hindmarsh Dr towards the Tuggie Parkway, right turn onto Oakey Hill where I met the BBQ stakes runners on their weekly outing. Reminds me, I hope Friar gets better very soon. Continued over to Curtin houses, down past the horse paddocks to Cotter Road, around the outside of North Curtin oval, follow the drain back t0 the Hellenic Club, drop in for a couple of schooners and back to the interchange.
Felt OK during the run, bit of a surprise at the time considering a strong wind on the way out, against on the hills but assisting near the finish.
May get to the track tomorrow night if work permits, but if not then a couple more easy days, Saturday will again be fairly big. I have entered both MD 50 and SFT 45 so must keep up the solid training. I tell myself it will be worthwhile on the day.
I didn't really have the schooners at the club, just a drink of water from a tap when I finished.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home