Two Fruits

Monday, March 10, 2008

Active Recovery

Today:
Mtn Bike ride: 14.0 km
Weather: sunny, temp 28 degrees, humidity 30%, wind light west

The next chapter in the running program starts with recovery from the previous event. Many fail to take a few days off before turning the next page, and what happens, injured.
Today, public holiday in the ACT has been perfect, a few hours at work this morning then a bike ride and 30 minutes resting in the water at Point Hut. Plenty of people about with kids and dogs all having a good time.
May be a run tomorrow, the quads are almost right.
My mate Mick has bought a new Garmin 305 with the latest software from Garmin Training Centre and a motionbased account. Like any kid with a new toy, he set my computer on Sunday up with the new software, because I am too dumb to do it myself.
I can now overload tracks on maps, how high I climbed and came back down for the last 2 and half years that I have had my GPS etc etc. Sometimes too much info, but it is interesting. For example, since Dec 2005, I have ran with the GPS 9665 kms in 897.5 hours climbing 144,240 metres and descending 149,466 metres. That is a lot of hills. Wow!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home